Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
If you’re a beginner, this exercise can help strengthen your shoulders.
Main Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Ab Muscles
Lying Overhead Reach Guide
- Lie on your back keeping a 90-degrees angle at the knees and the hips. Use the low abs to press your lower part back to the mat.
- Raise your arms upwards, slightly bending the elbow. Reach your arms (holding dumbbells) over your head to touch the dumbbells to the floor above your head.
- Raise back your arms to the starting position. Repeat the exercise to about 15 reps to complete a set.
- As a beginner in this exercise, you might not necessarily use dumbbells for this exercise.
- Breath out while bending your elbows to perform the lying overhead reach.
- Always breath out as you go back to the starting position.
Lying Overhead Reach Benefits
Enhances and improves flexibility in the spine.
The lying overhead reach stretches hips flexors and back muscles
Doing this exercise regularly will tone and strengthen your shoulders.