You’ve probably done side lunges before. Well, this variation is more rewarding because it has arm crosses.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Arm Cross Side Lunge Guide
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and your arms stretched out horizontally.
- Step out to the right with your right leg, and bend your right leg hence stretching the left leg.
- As you do this cross your hands and move your hips forwards.
- Back to start-up position and alternate to the left.
- Do 15 to 20 reps of the exercise. You may do more reps as by your workout plan or at your own discretion as you advance in the exercise
- Go at a moderate speed in order to bring the warranted effect on your gluteal and arm muscles and to avoid any unnecessary strains on your body.
- Ensure to keep your back straight throughout the exercise
- You can make this exercise more rewarding by holding a dumbbell in each hand
Benefits of the Arm Cross Side Lunge Exercise
This exercise will strengthen your lower body and help improve your overall fitness.
Unlike other lunge variations, this one activates your and shoulder muscles.